“Accreditation schemes aim to recognise the achievement of high standards of knowledge, experience and development in counselling and psychotherapy.” (BACP)
Counsellor accreditation is a hurdle that many therapists fear and it becomes something that is put off and put off. You may be under pressure from your employer, or need to complete it for your NHS IAPT role, or be frustrated by the doors that are kept shut to you in private practice without it. As the reasons why you ‘should’ do it mount up, the reasons why you keep putting it off do too.
Just like our clients, you may need some support to start the process and keep you going until you have achieved your goal.
Whatever your therapeutic approach, Accreditation Mentoring can help you:
- Overcome the delays, doubts, confusion, peer fear and daunted feeling about starting the process
- Get clarity on what you want to write by being asked the right questions that help you think out your answers
- Create SMART goals so you can manage each part of the process to your agreed timescale
- Choose and plan your written material so it comes together as a consistent whole
- Discuss feedback on what you have written, how it is written and if it successfully meets the criteria
- Work with an experienced therapist to support you through the whole process, practically and emotionally
- Sessions available nationally, material sent via email with 1:1 sessions via phone, Skype or Zoom